3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
(me in Cuba a few days ago...I don't get tanned, I just get more freckles!)
11 random things:
1. I really really really want to go sky diving. I always have but then my brother went (and in the Swiss Alps...AWESOME!) and ever since I saw the video that was taken from his experience, I have desperately wanted to do it!
2. For the last few years, I have had this crazy urge to dye my hair blue, I'd keep the length and my bangs and just have really awesome blue hair, like when Juliette Lewis dyed her hair blue...loved that
3. I can spend HOURS in front of my laptop...and some days I do (I'm sure most of you understand) I would rather search around online, browse etsy, read blogs, respond to emails, etc over anything else
4. I love writing handwritten letters...I wish the act of doing this wasn't dying and I definitely do it as often as I can. I just think we get so much junk in our mailboxes, that receiving a handwritten letter from a friend is probably one of the best feelings in the world...plus I love buying pretty stationary & note cards
5. I like looking at people's hands. That probably sounds weird but I feel like you can kind of tell a lot about someone by their hands...on a similar note, I have always liked my hands which is probably why I adorn them with pretty rings & always have my nails painted
6. The basement of my parents place is one of my favourite places. I spent a lot of time there as a teenager and it's just really awesome! I'll have to take photos before the house sells this summer but there's so much STUFF everywhere...good stuff though, the walls are covered in posters and photos and memorabilia (from when my parents were younger and Kyle and I were) Everyone loves our basement so much, you never run out of things to look at down there, it's awesome and I'll be sad when it's empty
7. When I was about 4 years old, I had this Fisher Price 'life size' (to me) kitchen set and my parents caught me on video having a conversation with someone and all of a sudden I say "Your mother is dead?" ...I was 4...lol, it's a cute video though!
8. I love dancing. I don't mean competitively or anything but just in general, whether that be blaring Rhianna when I'm home alone (yeah, Rhianna!) or being the first person to get on the dance floor when out with friends, it's a really fun way to let loose and it's just a lot of fun!
9. I hate country music. Not all country music but pretty much...and I can honestly say that that's the only genre of music that I do not like
10. I don't like re-watching movies. Some people can sit and watch movies over and over and over (just to relax) but it takes a lot to hold my attention and when I already know what's going to happen, I can't sit there.
11. My biggest fear is being stuck under water and not being able to breathe. The thought of it leaves me short of breath...
I was tagged by both Amy and Beca so here are Amy's questions (& my answers)
1. What is your spirit animal? (This is mostly a joke. Roll with it.)
Spirit animal...would definitely be a bird. I've always felt this really spiritual connection with them...lol, jk! I've always been told this by people (some say I even resemble a bird...I think because I have a pointy nose or 'beak' haha) but I'm okay with this because birds are awesome and I've always loved them.
2. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I don't know if I have one...my mum used to embarrass me a lot when I was younger, in public (isn't that what mums are for?) I don't really get too embarrassed often though...takes a lot to embarrass me I guess
3. Would you rather have a tattoo of Patrick Swayze as a centaur or Chris Farley as a Chippendale's dancer?
Hahaha...Patrick Swayze for sure, that'd be an awesome tattoo haha
4. What is playing on your iPod right this instant?
Well, my iPod isn't on currently but what I was listening to last was Gotye (how cliche of me!)...getting excited for the show at the end of the month!
5. What is your dream place to live? If money and practicality weren't issues?
Hmm...well, there's a lot of places I haven't travelled yet that I think I'd like to live but it'd be pretty silly to say "I want to live in ____" when you've never even been there before, right? I feel like me and San Fran might be a good match though...but again, I've never been. And yes, I'd absolutely want to live in one of the tall townhouses like on Full House, in pink or yellow
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Well, since I guess I already am a 'grown up' (at 25) I better figure this out soon, eh? I graduate at the end of April (SO soon!) and I guess I will see where the path takes me. One of my part-time jobs currently is in Social Media & Marketing and I'd really like to grow more in that direction. I also would love a job where I get to travel...I was saying to Mikey when we were away, I'd love to have to fly places for conferences or meetings (or whatever else it is grown ups do, haha) for a weekend and get to see a lot of different places. Oh and my 'dream job' even though that wasn't the question, would to be a stylist (a travelling one)
7. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why?
I've always thought the piano was really beautiful, everytime I see one I think "I wish I could just sit down and play that"
8. If you had to wear one last pair of shoes every day for the rest of your life, what pair would it be?
Oh god, oh god, oh god...this is a tough one!! I live in Canada so it's not like I can wear the same pair of shoes all year around (or I'd be either really hot in the summer time or really cold in winter) BUT if I had to choose...I think I would say my Jackie boots from Blowfish Shoes. They've been my favourites since I got them and I can literally wear them with everything, they're also the perfect colour.
9. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Mine is donuts, FYI. Serious.)
Popcorn...I realize this isn't a meal but neither is donuts and Amy was allowed to choose that, so there
10. Would you rather kiss a wookie or an ogre?
Wookie. I mean Mikey has a beard and long hair so that's basically like kissing a wookie anyway, right?
11. What is your favorite part about spring?
Not having to wear a winter jacket...I love layers but lighter ones. I absolutely love love love just being able to go outside in pants and a top, no jacket required!
And since I was tagged twice, here's Beca's questions...
1. If you had to put 3 things in a time capsule for future generations, what would they be?
I honestly am not sure...I've put a lot of thought into it and I really don't know...I think that a newspaper from today's date is always a good thing for a time capsule but other than that, I feel like nothing else would be relevant anymore, technology is changing so much
2. What is one skill/craft you wish you could perfect?
I'd love to learn to crochet...I know I could teach myself and I will one day but I just wish I knew how already
3. If you had to describe yourself in senses, how would you smell, feel, color, taste, etc?
Whoa, cool question. Weird kind of because I've never thought of that before...I would smell like apples, feel like jersey cotton, be the colour peach and taste like raspberries
4. How do you take your coffee or tea?
Coffee: Cream and 2 sugars, Tea (I only drink green) nothing in it
5. What is your favorite junk food/go to snacks?
I loooove Salt & Vinegar Lays chips...like, a lot!
6. Describe the wall in front of you. What color is it, what's hanging on it?
It's white but textured...and it has my bulletin board on it with a whole bunch of stuff tacked to it
7. If you could keep any animal for a day, without fear of getting maimed or killed, what animal would it be?
An owl...again with the bird thing, I love owls
8. Have you ever sewn anything? If so, what was your best project?
Not much unfortunately. I wish I could say I've sewn a really cute summer dress or something but the best project I did was some curtains for our place
9. Who in your family do you think you are most like?
Tough one...well, not really...I mean overall I would say my mum, almost to a T but there are definitely certain things about my dad and brother and even my gramma, that I see in myself as well
10. It's Sunday afternoon, what do you wish you were doing?
Generally my Sundays are my lazy days/catch up days. I like to take things slow on Sundays and not have any plans. I usually sleep in, drink a few coffees, catch up on emails and blog reading, maybe do some homework (wait, I don't wish to be doing that...) make a delicious dinner and relax, maybe watch a movie or read
11. What was the first blog you started reading regularly?